Rest in Peace Whitney Houston



Today the world lays to rest one of the greatest musical icons of all time, a star... a legend. Although I have never seen or heard Whitney in person, I always felt her emotions and was touched by her words whenever I listened to her songs. My sisters and I grew up listening to her songs and trying the hardest to emulate her style.
Whitney Houston  represented every woman. She represented the emotional challenges we face in difficult relationships and the personal struggles we face while trying to exceed the expectations society puts on us. Although she lost her battle, her death serves as a lesson and an inspiration. It teaches us the importance of staying true to ourselves and our roots, and the success we could achieve when we focusing on the positive aspects of our lives rather than the negatives. Her death also teaches us to shy away from the popular yet commonly acceptable evils of the world.  Evils like drugs, alcohol  and unhealthy relationships which  mighty work for some, yet may not sit well with others personalities. 
Although we would never hear the unique voice  of Whitney Houston in person, her legacy and work would forever remain in our hearts and music players. I pray that her family and friends find comfort in her achievements and good memories. I pray especially for her young daughter Bobby Christina. May God give her role models to guide her as she faces  the most difficult time of her life. 
Rest in peace Whitney, music would never be the same without you 
xoxo Madam Wokie

Continue reading to see my sisters Whitney songs



I'm every woman



My love is your love



Whitney singing they American National Anthem



How would I know if he loves me



When you believe with Mariah Carey



I wanna dance with somebody



Greatest love of all


I would always Love you

Comments

Popular Posts