Friday Africana Swag- Back to the Wharf

Today's look is a lot more casual. I was supposed to leave Freetown today for Makeni and Magboroka for the weekend so I decided to tone it down. I wore a top that I picked up in Sarojini Nagar in New Delhi a few years back. I teamed it with a pair of flared black trousers and some comfortable wedges. I've had my cornrows in for a few weeks now and due to my busy schedule I haven't time to redo my hair, however, the tailors at the shop came to my rescue (I love them!). I found a piece of Kabalsot in their stash of old fabrics, which I used as a head wrap and topped it all off with a pair of fab Madam Wokie earrings and a straw bag!

My photographer friend and I headed back to the Government Wharf area this week, just by the pier. The sun was just about to set when we started shooting. It was such a beautiful sight and just what I needed to cheer me up after a hectic day at work. I hope you like the pictures. xoxo Zu

PS: All pictures are courtesy of Bunce Island Media

Head wrap, bag and earrings- all Madam Wokie, top and bracelet from India, trousers from French Connection.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts