Editorial Post: Solange Knowles for Elle France July 2012

Solange recently did an interview and editorial spread for Elle Magazine France. In the interview by Auce Augustin, she describes her style, her fashion inspiration and divulged a few fashion secrets. 


 Describing her style, Solange says "My style is very eclectic as I like to take risks, but I always cling to glamorous touches and classic details. I’m not necessarily inspired by magazines or fashion. I surf a lot on blogs and find it cool to see real style from real people. My travels also influence me. I always take lots of pictures, and then inject all those inspirations into my wardrobe, my home decor, or my makeup. And we can’t forget the icons: Diana Ross, Erykah Badu, Bjork, and Lauryn Hill."


She says continues by saying "If you have different prints, both pieces have to have the same fabric. Certain colors like violet and pink also work well with animal prints. And then, you have to create a certain harmony; I avoid mixing African patterns with Aztec prints, for example."



When asked what she uses to boost your look, Solange admits "I always wear mascara, and above all, I put on a flashy, matte lipstick. My favorite color is “Firecracker Orange Fire” by Rimmel"


I think Solange looks amazing in this spread... but then again she always does
xxx Madam Wokie


Comments

Popular Posts